Monday, July 27, 2015

July 8: Bonus Track--High Society

That evening a few classmates and I went to the Old Vic Theater to see High Society.

Photo taken by Andrea Guzman.

Philadelphia Story is one of my favorite movies, and this musical is based on it, so I was looking forward to seeing it.

There was a bit of a mix-up with my ticket--I thought I'd bought one, but didn't (I think I got frustrated with the website, so gave up...but then I only remembered being on the website, so thought I'd bought one), so I went that night to see if they had any standby tickets.

The lovely lady at the ticket booth told me that all of the tickets by then were £30, so I might as well get one in the front row.

So I did.

I sat in the front row. ON the stage. Within arms' reach of the actors. You couldn't even sit with your legs crossed because the dancers whipped by you so closely.

It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment