Saturday, July 4, 2015

June 29: Bonus Track--Evensong Service at Temple Church

On Monday evening, a small group of students joined Dr. Welsh and attended Evensong Service at Temple Church.

Photo by Dr. Welsh

There was a Magna Carta display in the entrance to the church, with copies of the Magna Carta as well as the Declaration of Independence--five of the men who signed the Declaration, and seven of the men who signed the Constitution had been educated at the Inner and Middle Temples. One of these is ancestor of one of my classmates. He was excited to see his ancestor's name inscribed on the wall of the church.

The music was beautiful, and I enjoyed watching the younger boys singing. Some of them were so serious and really into what they were singing. The church and courtyard were also beautiful. It was tucked away through an entrance off the street. If I were by myself, I don't think I would have known it was there.





It was a quiet, reflective end to a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment